Production Assistant - Temp or Temp to Hire - West Madison - $15 -$16 per hour
Expand your productions skills, prepare and inspect products, detail small parts, process, package and ship orders. Work for a great company that provides tools, great training and believes in work life balance.
- 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday in a relaxed, manufacturing setting – overtime available on a case by case basis.
Position Role: Meridian Laboratory is seeking one temporary production assistant with potential to grow to full time, long-term role as production/manufacturing and order fulfillment assistant. You will work independently, but in a team environment, responsible for daily product preparation, production, and order processing/fulfillment. Extended and specialized training will be provided by Meridian Laboratory.
- Detailed trimming of small parts with hand tools
- Careful inspection of finished products and ensuring conformance both visually and through measurement, while maintaining perfect aesthetics
- Sandblasting and preparing parts utilizing various equipment
- Boxing and packaging of final products for shipment
- All tools and training provided
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Above average fine motor skills and strong attention to details.
- Strong dependability and reliability.
- Proficiency with hand tools and light duty equipment (Dremel, bandsaw, drill)
- Transportation methods to arrive at site consistently and reliably, Monday thru Friday, between 8-9AM.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- Mindfulness and attention to processes which require detail oriented tasks.
- Effective communication skills and team player mentality.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Willingness to learn and try new things is highly desired.
- Familiarity with standard materials used in machinery building, such as metals, plastics, etc.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes, machine shop practices, tolerances, and other production processes is a plus.
- Demonstrates persistence and moves consistently towards goals, having a solid work ethic that results in consistent accomplishment, and dependability.
- Ability to measure and analyze tolerance-critical components.
- Pride in work and desire for self-improvement.
- Ability to realize and aid in solving production issues.
- Experience using measurement instruments, including: scales, calipers, micrometers, gages, etc.